For many, the promise of an incredibly fun vacation is the light at the end of a 9-to-5 workday tunnel. Deciding on the location, picking the dates, and finalizing accommodations soon become all night research projects likened to senior year thesis preparations. Exhausted and embattled, you may decide to book that generic beach vacation just for the sake of sleep. But before you do, check out this list of FIVE REASONS TO VACATION AT SMITH MOUNTAIN LAKE and you may just discover your new favorite vacation destination.
1. Smith Mountain Lake is Absolutely Gorgeous. If you’re craving a landscape that’s different from your typical beachfront resort, then you will fall in love with Smith Mountain Lake’s postcard worthy setting. Crisp waters nestled against the Blue Ridge Mountains give way to incredible sunrises, sunsets, and photo opportunities sure to make your Instagram feed insanely jealous.
2. It’s Not Crowded. Located in rural southwestern Virginia, Smith Mountain Lake caters to those who prefer a casual, laid-back atmosphere over tourist traps and high-dollar seafood buffets. You’ll seldom wait in line for a table, or have to fight for a spot at the bar.
3. Everyone is Incredibly Nice. Maybe it’s the relaxed pace of life, southern hospitality, or being surrounded by sparkling waters and mountaintops, but Smith Mountain Lake residents are about the nicest people you’ll ever meet. And they love sharing how special the area is to anyone who asks. From the shop owners to the restaurateurs, to the girl ringing up your groceries, Smith Mountain Lake welcomes you home every time you say hello.
4. It’s Affordable. Smith Mountain Lake is home to quite a few attractions that are free to visit. Smith Mountain Lake State Park has a public beach, hiking and biking trails, picnic areas, and boat rentals. There’s also the Smith Mountain Lake Community Park that has two public beaches, walking trails, playgrounds, and covered docks. Historical landmarks, including the Booker T. Washington National Monument and the National D-Day Memorial, are open for visitors with living history demonstrations, exhibits, and scheduled events.
5. Once You’ve Stayed at Mariners Landing Resort, You’ll Come For a Visit and Stay for a Lifetime. If your family is like mine, the kids are always looking for things to do while the adults just want to relax. Mariners is the perfect place for both. The kids can play tennis, ride their bikes on the bike trail, try their luck at fishing from the fishing pier, or swim the whole day in one of the three pools while the adults enjoy the view of the lake from their private balcony, take a stroll on the walking trail, or hang by the pool or by the beach all day. Browse available Smith Mountain Lake rental properties by going to http://www.smlvaca.com. You can choose how many rooms you need and see photos and descriptions of each property. You can book directly on the site from your desktop, laptop, or mobile device and you can request dog-friendly rentals so you don’t have to leave your furry guy at home.
If you’re ready for a vacation that’s different from the same boring beach alternative, then head over to smlvaca.com and start planning your summertime getaway.
We will bring you fun and informative blogs written by experts in real estate, resorts, golf and events!